AFFILIATE MARKETING - What is Affiliate Marketing
An affiliate marketer is a sales person for an outside company and as a sale person, the affiliate marketer never carries any of the products himself. Instead, he sends people to the company, and when these people purchase something from that company, he receives a percentage of the sale.
The affiliate market industry has four core wings, players or parties:
• The merchant, who is also known as Brand, Retailer or manufacturer.
• the network or website which contains offers for the affiliate to choose from and also takes care of the payments.
• The marketer usually known as the affiliate.
• the consumer or customer who is interested to the product.
Affiliate marketing extended with other internet or online marketing methods to some degree, because marketer often use regular advertising methods. Those methods include organic engine optimization (SEO), paid search engine optimization (PPC – Pay Per Click), e-mail marketing, content marketing, and (in some sense) display advertising.
|Amazon Affiliate Marketer|
How Affiliate Marketing Works
An e-commerce merchant that wants to be able to reach a wider base of internet users and shoppers may hire an affiliate. An affiliate could be the owner of multiple websites or email marketing lists; therefore, the more websites or email lists that an affiliate has, the wider his network. The affiliate that has been hired would then communicate and promote the products offered on the ecommerce platform to his network. The affiliate does this by creating banner ads, text ads and/or links on their multiple owned websites or via email to their clientele. Advertisement could be in the form of articles, videos, images, etc. which are used to draw an audience’s attention to a service or product.
For example, Amazon.com (which sells books, electronics, pharmaceuticals, toys, and many other items) has thousands of affiliated interest specific websites from where the visitors can reach products offered by Amazon. The entire sales transaction takes place at Amazon's website which is equipped to handle the complete online payment acceptance process.
Amazon passes on a percentage of the sold item's price as commission to the affiliate website from where the sale originated.
How to start affiliate marketing ! Affiliate marketing for beginners
The goal of a marketer is to increase sales – a win-win solution for the merchant and the affiliate.
|Affiliate marketing for beginners|
1. To become an affiliate marketer, you should strongly consider focusing on repeated revenue; this means that the flow of income can be routinely predictable from month to month instead of irregular and small bursts spread over several months. Recurring revenue is continuously earned while no work is currently and presently being accomplished. All of the time has already been invested; this is good when trying to eliminate the guesswork when it comes to being able to maintain a steady income.
2. Never rely on a single traffic source. Always expect the unexpected when it comes to marketing. Don’t put all of your eggs in one basket, as the old saying goes. Master one source and then move to the next. Trying to become an affiliate marketer is monotonous and you will probably start with just one main traffic source such as search engines, but over time, you will want to diversify as much as possible.
3. Do not forget about the mobile users. A lot of focus is placed on websites and the web traffic, but in recent years more and more people have turned to using their phones as their primary internet tool. When doing marketing, all of the techniques implemented should also include mobile friendly views for those that use their phones which means reaching a wider audience and gaining more traffic and clicks, which in turn means more revenue.
4. Know the current and seasonal trends, and stay ahead of them; this is important to being able to gain predictability, especially considering income flow variants.
5. Focus on topic targeting, rather than keyword targeting. Ads and ad words should be placed on sites that have content that is closely related to the focus of the current marketing.
On your path to become an affiliate marketer, it isn’t always going to be an easy job. A lot of time and hard work must be dedicated to promoting relevant offers and helping the targeted audience. Some of the pros, however, are never having to create products, just drive the traffic to someone else’s products and earn money while not worrying about any customer support.
The final word to became affiliate marketer you need to work hard and focus on the targeted consumer.
About The Author: Md Masum Billah
Masum Billah is a Blogger and Professional Internet Marketer from Bangladesh. He is a Professional Freelancer in the field of SEO, SMM and Videos Marketing Expert in Bangladesh. To know more, you can follow him @ Twitter || Facebook || Youtube || Pinterest || Linkedin